Thursday 2 October 2014

Surprise ingredients

Now that's what I call a well-balanced lunch, with something from every food group!  Yes, I know a banana isn't an animal, so there's no protein, but I'm not planning on doing anything this afternoon that would require using any energy, so that's ok.  Oooh, I've just checked, and bananas do contain protein!  Only about 1.1g per 100g apparently, but that's allegedly 2% of my daily requirement.  And there's protein in the biscuits too!  One biscuit has the same amount of protein as a banana, so I'm up to 10% now.  Only another 45 bananas to go then, although it would be much easier {sadly, far too easy} to eat 45 more biscuits.  Mind you, I'm now up to 40% of my recommended daily intake of vitamin B6, so perhaps I'd better not have any more of either just yet.  Although it would be a good excuse, if I were to be arrested for staggering around in an uncoordinated way in a public place. {No, of course I haven't been drinking, Officer.  I've just overdosed on bananas.}

So that's fruit, fibre, vitamins and carbohydrate taken care of.  More fruit in the yoghurt and, of course, fat and dairy.  Except that, now I come to read the side of the pot, the yoghurt is fat-free.  How can this be?!  It's so creamy!  More to the point, why can't I buy it in England?

To be honest, I'm not sure that there's any milk in the yoghurt either, because I've thrown away the cardboard from the multi-pack it came in, and it was in French anyway.  However, I did have some milk in my tea, so that's alright then.  I shall just have to force myself to have some chocolate later to boost my fat intake for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment